The Daily Caller

The Daily Caller
college awards collage. Photos (clockwise from top left): Meg Lanker-Simons (KOWB); Facebook Obama on Mount Rushmore (Facebook with photoshop by Mitchell R Grosky); KKK (Creative Commons/Image Editor); Jesus (Creative Commons/Bible Illustrations by Sweet Media); taco (Doritos); Boudin mugshot college awards collage. Photos (clockwise from top left): Meg Lanker-Simons (KOWB); Facebook Obama on Mount Rushmore (Facebook with photoshop by Mitchell R Grosky); KKK (Creative Commons/Image Editor); Jesus (Creative Commons/Bible Illustrations by Sweet Media); taco (Doritos); Boudin mugshot  

The Daily Caller presents: The first annual College Stupidity Awards

It’s commencement season. College seniors across the country are donning mortarboards, getting misty-eyed and preparing to face the realities of President Barack Obama’s sparkling economic recovery.

The Daily Caller is a little misty-eyed, too, because college students will soon disperse from campuses for a long summer, which likely means far fewer stories about stupid and otherwise outrageous occurrences on campus.

The time is right, then, to celebrate the academic year that was. Here are the 20 stupidest, most outrageous and most cringe-worthy campus moments of 2012-13.

Florida Atlantic University: Worst university in America

What an embarrassing year for Florida Atlantic. The administration tried to punish a student who expressed discomfort with a professor’s assignment to stomp on a piece of paper bearing the word “Jesus.” Also, wackadoodle communications professor James Tracy took to his personal blog to suggest that the Boston Marathon bombing was a “mass casualty drill.”  As if those incidents weren’t enough, the southeast Florida school bowed to student pressure and scrapped a $6 million agreement to name its football stadium after a for-profit prison company. During a protest over the  stadium fracas, FAU’s president hit a student protester with the side mirror of her Lexus. (RELATED: At America’s worst university, a professor calls Boston Bombings ‘mass casualty drill’)

Dartmouth College: Most likely to let the terrorists win

Dartmouth also had a ridiculous year. The administration coordinated a manhunt to locate some guy who possibly spoke mock Chinese. Also, a campus atheist group organized an event aimed at skewering “lying, thieving Albanian dwarf” Mother Teresa. However, the prizewinner occurred when Dartmouth leftists crashed a recruiting event and loudly demanded that they get a day off from classes in order to bemoan the death of civility on campus. Craven school officials capitulated, of course, prompting one student to comment that administrators “let the terrorists win.” (RELATED: Dartmouth cancels classes after leftists crash recruiting event)

George Washington University: Most prone to commit crimes against soda, Catholics, U.S. News and World Report, and Mount Rushmore

Speaking of bad years, consider The George Washington University. A law professor at George Washington forced students to undertake legal campaigns against soda companies in order to pass his class. Meanwhile, 30 percent of professors asked in a very limited survey endorsed the eventual addition of President Barack Obama’s face to Mount Rushmore. The D.C. school also admitted that it has been misreporting statistics to inflate its rankings for at least a decade. In still another incident, students tried to force a priest to leave campus. (At least GW is better than Gonzaga, though, where Catholic students can’t even form a Catholic student group.)  (RELATED: Prof forces student to lobby government to ban soda)