The Obama-Clinton national security team took their eye off the ball and four great Americans died. Now the Obama-Clinton spin doctors are working overtime to rewrite history before the 2016 election. The theme of their deceptive PR campaign revolves around one central claim: the Benghazi attackers were not members of al-Qaeda (or as they say, “core” al-Qaeda).
This past Sunday, Senator Ben Cardin, an Obama-Clinton loyalist from Maryland, refused to give a yes or no answer regarding al-Qaeda’s involvement in Benghazi on Fox News Sunday. Cardin said he “knows there was extremist involvement,” but astonishingly refused to say whether there was an al-Qaeda connection.
And a few days before Psaki’s statement, the Clinton-defending New York Times boldly claimed that “al-Qaeda or other international terrorist groups had no role in the assault” on the Benghazi facilities.
You can certainly expect to hear more of this “core al-Qaeda” nonsense, and you can count on the liberals in the mainstream media to eat up this propaganda, but I’d like to set the record straight.
According to intelligence officials, a leader of Ansar al-Sharia, who trained with bin Laden and has links to a key al-Qaeda facilitator being held in Gitmo, participated in the Benghazi attack.
If a man who trained with bin Laden isn’t al-Qaeda, I don’t what is.
The true story of Benghazi must be told.
Last year, Buzz Jacobs launched a documentary film project called Benghazi 9.11. Learn more at Benghazi9-11.com. Jacobs served as the Director of Immigration Security Policy on the White House staff under President George W. Bush and as an FBI analyst. He co-owns SSC, a conservative media production and communications firm.