The Daily Caller

The Daily Caller

Morning Mirror

BOLD QUOTE OF THE DAY: “Have a great April!” — Politico‘s Mike Allen on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

Also…

“There’s an un-likability to him right now.” — Donny Deutsch on the topic of “friend of the show” Gov. Chris Christie. To which Joe Scarborough interrupted and replied, “That is not true.”

Confessional. 

“Ok so I was off a beat this am. Really researched the story, had a lot to say and got tripped up on my thoughts.” — ABC legal analyst and Mediaite founder Dan Abrams.

Uh oh 

“There is nothing I dread more as a reporter than April Fool’s Day.” — Roll Call‘s Abby Livingston.

 

Overheard in the newsroom 

“Ahh bugger off.” – Anonymous reporter.

Overheard anything interesting lately? Send it to me at Betsy@DailyCaller.com or TheMirror@DailyCaller.com. 

Self-appointed Media Observer 

“CNN is continuing their arduous 3 week search for news. Pray for them.” — singer, songwriter Josh Groban.

The Appointed Media Observers

“I would take another week of #MH370 coverage instead of another minute of anyone on cable news talking about spring breakers.” — Mediaite editor Josh Feldman.

“I think Chris Matthews woke up like an hour before he recorded his show tonight.” — BuzzFeed‘s Dorsey Shaw.

And Washington Examiner‘s Justin Green: “Easy to understand how someone whose sole source of news is cable television would think the world is constantly on the verge of collapse.”

Dear CNN…

“Dear @CNN, no one on Earth gives a shit what @smerconish has to say. Honestly, whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired. #Caring” — Townhall columnist and radio host Derek Hunter.

Hmmm…head scratcher

“If 37% of the Internet is porn, the other 63% is email from Jos. A. Bank about the biggest clearance sale ever.” — WaPo Book World Editor Ron Charles.

guacamole2Reporter urgently humblebrags her guacamole 

“BREAKING: I JUST MADE THE BEST GUACAMOLE OF ALL TIME” — National Journal‘s Elahe Izadi.

Speaking of humblebrags…

“Gentlemen: we do not turn, examine a lady in her running attire, and give her a thumbs up. No, we do not.” — MarketPlace host Lizzie O’Leary. To which New York Daily NewsJosh Greenman replied, “#humblebrag.”

BuzzFeed‘s D.C. bureau chief seeks danger 

“Seriously. have something fun/stupid/border line dangerous in El Paso that is also newsy? hit me at john.stanton at buzzfeed.com” – BuzzFeed‘s John Stanton.

Slate‘s Dave Weigel puts on a dress for charity…a flowery Laura Ashley number. Yeah, you’ve gotta see this.