With Eric Cantor on his way out the door, Washington is already buzzing about who could replace him as House majority leader.
It could be a free-for-all. Early speculation: House majority whip Kevin McCarthy makes a move to be leader, while conservatives run an alternative.
Here are some names already being mentioned as potential candidates to run for House GOP leader, according to sources.
– California Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the House majority whip
– Texas Rep. Jeb Hensarling, the former chairman of the House Republican Conference
– Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise, chairman of the House Republican Study Committee
– Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, chairman of the House Budget Committee
– Georgia Rep. Tom Price, former chairman of the Republican Policy Committee
– Washington state Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, current chairwoman of the House Republican Conference
– Illinois Rep. Peter Roskam, the chief deputy whip
– Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, former chairman of the Republican Study Committee
– Texas Rep. Pete Sessions, chairman of the House Rules Committee
Plugged-in Capitol Hill readers: what are you hearing? Tell The Daily Caller.