House Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairman Rep. Darrell Issa is questioning IRS commissioner John Koskinen on Lois Lerner’s emails on Capitol Hill at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. A livestream of the event can be viewed below on the Committee homepage:
Issa this morning outlined 15 questions that he asked Koskinen to provide written answers to by 5 p.m.. But Koskinen was said to be over-shooting the 5 p.m. deadline. Will he come up with answers on Lois Lerner’s mysterious computer crash by 7? Will he reveal what happened to emails lost from the computer of former IRS official Nikole Flax, a frequent White House visitor?
Here are summaries of Issa’s 15 questions:
1. Explain, in detail, Lois Lerner’s 2011 hard drive failure, including the date it happened, and give the names of all employees who worked on retrieving data from it.
2. When did you learn that the hard drive failure affected the Oversight Committee’s subpoena into the IRS targeting scandal, and which IRS staffers realized that the subpoena could not be fulfilled?
3. Explain all the steps the IRS took to retrieve data from Lerner’s hard drive.
4. Name all IRS employees that worked on agency email servers between 2009 and 2014.
5. Name all IRS contractors that worked on agency email or hard drive systems.
6. Give the names of the IRS employees most knowledgeable about email servers and data retention.
7. Identify the IRS employees that last had possession of Lerner’s computer, cell phones, hard drive, backup email tapes and information about errors in IRS electronic hardware.
8. Give us all relevant information about IRS document retention policies.
9. Name the type of email service the IRS uses and the type of email exchange server and tell us whether any email is stored on an IRS shared drive.
10. Explain in detail the IRS’ electronic data restoration and archival systems.
11. How many forensic images from Lerner’s failed hard drive still exist?
12. How many forensic images from Lerner’s failed hard drive still existed on Aug. 31, 2011 (when the IRS’ contract with Sonasoft expired)?
13. List all the software and hardware malfunctions that occurred at the agency between Jan. 1, 2011 and June 30, 2011.
14. Give us Lerner’s computer barcode.
15. Give us Lerner’s cell phone barcode.