And now for the dumbest part of our week… This week we’ve added a day, Sunday. And it has made things painfully difficult and a seriously tough call as to who should get the highest ranking “dumbest tweet” this week. The top three could all easily have won the top spot if it makes any of you feel better. A note to NPR’s Eric Deggans: Please update us on any new, outlandish ice cream flavors you try this week.
First off, don’t refer to us all as your ‘gang’
5. “Ok gang this may be too much but tomorrow’s a 4fer! It’s National: Lollipop Day, Hot Dog Day, Ice Cream Soda Day, & Fortune Cookie Day!” — actor William Shatner, who tweets almost as much as National Journal‘s Ron Fournier (if you know what I mean).
File this under: Really unnecessary TV confessionals
4. “It’s hard to figure out which episodes I’ve watched of Say Yes to the Dress because the summary is always “friends are rude, bride is right.” — HuffPost‘s Elise Foley.
NPR writer lands on Earth, eats cantelope ice cream
3. “My first taste of cantelope flavored ice cream…and it was good!” — NPR TV Critic Eric Deggans, who even, exquisitely, selfies the experience for us.
Perhaps Josh Barro should stick to tweeting about gay sex
2. ”I don’t understand why we went to the moon. There’s nothing there.” — NYT‘s Josh Barro.
This one speaks (loudly) for itself
1. “I lost my can opener.” — Breitbart News‘ Mary Chastain.