On Wednesday night, the campy so-bad-it’s-good sequel “Sharknado 2: The Second One” debuted on the Syfy network.
The epic film featured stars Tara Reid, Ian Ziering, Mark McGrath and Vivica A. Fox, plus a slew of several celebrity cameos as they took on freak tornadoes filled with man-eating sharks in New York City.
Beverly Hills 90210 star Ian Ziering reprised his role as Fin Shepard, an ex-surfer and bar owner who now has national fame for fighting the Sharknado in Los Angeles. The film begins with Tara Reid and Ziering on a plane to New York. While they are still divorced, it is clear they are attempting to reconcile. However, the mix of sharks and tornadoes seems to follow them to New York.
The film teaches some valuable lessons in life, love, strategy and leadership:
10) All mayors should trust the fate of their city’s security with a former surfer.
11) Bring your taser to a Sharknado. You might need it to get a shark off your friend’s face.
12) Matt Lauer and Al Roker do great breaking Sharknado news.
13) There are some things you shouldn’t say in Times Square like getting supplies for bombs, but in a Sharknado…
14) Throwing bombs into tornadoes is a good try.
15) You can end a Sharknado with a chainsaw every time.
16) Calm down. The guy from ‘Airplane’ is your captain. Ignore the shark on the wing outside.
17) Sharks are great for batting practice.
18) Sharks, don’t mess with Mets fans on the subway.
19) Even pizza places in New York are not safe from sharks.