Kanye West gave a 30 minute lecture to Oxford University students Tuesday at the Museum of Natural History, and though he touched on a range of topics, like that the Nobel Peace Prize should have an awards show that rivals the Grammys, one thing stood out.
He’s pretty dang close with President Barack Obama. So close, in fact, that Obama has his and Kim Kardashian’s home phone number.
“I understand that I’m a servant. And with my voice, with my ability to build relationships with amazing people, speak to amazing people,” West said about responsibility.
“Call Elon Musk out of the blue or call Obama out of the blue…he calls the home phone, by the way.”
Among the other most ridiculous things he said:
- “People say I have a bad reputation. I think I’ve got the best reputation in the building.”
- “‘The Matrix’ is like the Bible of the post-information age.”
- “My goal, if I was going to do art, fine art, would have been to become Picasso or greater.”
- “When Steve [Jobs] passed, he didn’t give the ideas up. That’s kind of selfish.”
- “It’s still February, right? By the way, I don’t know the days of the week. I just go to exactly when my appointment is.”
- “It’s illegal to not wear clothes, and also possibly too cold.”