U. Of Oklahoma To Force FIVE HOURS Of Mandatory ‘Diversity Training’ On All Students

Administrators at the University of Oklahoma have proudly rolled out a campus-wide mandatory diversity training program.

Every incoming freshman at the taxpayer-funded school will now be forced to complete five hours of school-designed diversity training under the new arrangement, reports The Oklahoma Daily, the OU student newspaper.

The massive blueprint for compulsory indoctrination on diversity comes three months after the OU branch of the national fraternity Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE) was almost literally run out of town when a video leaked on the Internet of some members singing a racist song to the tune of “If You’re Happy and You Know It.” (WATCH: Oklahoma Frat Shut Down After Racist Video Leaks)

The lyrics of the nine-second video are not perfectly intelligible, but appear to be something along the lines of “There will never be a nigger SAE/There will never be a nigger SAE/You can hang him from a tree/But he’ll never sign with me/There will never be a nigger SAE.”

“We really want students from the start at OU to understand that diversity and inclusivity is at the core of who we are as Sooners,” Jabar Shumate, the school’s vice president for university community.

Students will be able to complete the requisite five hours of diversity training during a three-day/two-night camp for incoming freshmen called “Camp Crimson,” in certain introductory courses or in a special standalone class, Shumate explained.

The recently-appointed bureaucrat did not specify the penalties students who fail to attend mandatory diversity training would face.

“By the end of your freshman year,” Shumate promised the Daily, “you will have to have had this five hours of diversity and inclusivity experience within one of those options.”

In the wake of the leaking of the racist SAE video back in March, OU president David Boren hastily implemented a total crackdown on the entire fraternity. Every resident of the fraternity’s house, which is owned by the college, was ordered to leave in about 48 hours.

OU president Boren’s tough stance on racist speech stands in stark contrast to the much lighter treatment he and his underlings have given to football players found responsible for violent crimes.

For example, Joe Mixon, a heralded freshman running back for the Sooners football team, was caught on video in a violent July 2014 altercation with another OU student, 20-year-old junior Amelia Rae Molitor. During the altercation, Mixon punched Molitor so hard he broke four bones in her face and knocked her unconscious.

Boren witnessed the video with his own eyes.

For this violent beatdown, Mixon accepted a plea deal on a misdemeanor assault charge, and was punished with a year-long deferred sentence, 100 hours of community service and mandatory counseling. He was suspended from the team for the season, but faced no other repercussions. He remained on campus and continuing to attend classes like any other student.

“He is a super, super kid,” Sooners running backs coach Cale Gundy gushed about the vicious, woman-beating student when he returned to the team, according to ESPN.

The 2014 Oklahoma football team also featured Dorial Green-Beckham, a wide receiver who allegedly pushed an 18-year-old woman down a bunch of stairs during a previous stint at the University of Missouri.

Despite its team featuring impressively tough criminals, the 2014 Oklahoma Sooners football team limped to an 8-5 season which included brutal blowout losses at the hands of Clemson University (40-6) and Baylor University (48-14).

Robert Shibley, executive director of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE), has noted that Boren, a taxpayer-funded state official, actually lacked the legal power to punish the students — the awfulness of their free speech notwithstanding.

SAE’s national organization closed the OU chapter. The frat’s national president, Brad Cohen, also urged OU to expel all students involved. (RELATED: Civil Rights Org: The Oklahoma Frat Song Was Racist, But Was Still Free Speech)

A University of Oklahoma investigation concluded that the SAE members who sang the song had learned it while on an SAE leadership cruise and that the the vile racist ditty is a notable part of the fraternity’s national culture. (RELATED: Oklahoma: Frat Members Learned Racist Song On National Cruise)

Follow Eric on TwitterLike Eric on Facebook. Send education-related story tips to erico@dailycaller.com.