5 Dumbest Tweets Of The Week
Since I was off last week, I had to spend time perusing all the dumb commentary I missed. Thankfully there is no shortage.
Deep thoughts with Vox’ Matthew Yglesias
5. “The least-important part of today’s speech: Clinton pronounces ‘mature’ with a hard-t.” — Vox Executive Editor Matthew Yglesias.
Washingtonian reporter reveals how boring his newsroom is
4. “Discussion about ranch dressing is ripping apart Washingtonian newsroom.” — error-addled Andrew Beaujon, Washingtonian. See his parade of errors here.
It’s actually Asperger not Asbergers (the mental illness does not contain ground meat)
3. “Pure schadenfreude. We’re talking about a guy who mocks my depression, then whines that no one goes easy on his Asbergers [sic].” — Soon to be WaPo’s Dave Weigel referring to GotNews‘ editor-in-chief Charles Johnson. When Robin Williams committed suicide, Weigel took the moment to reveal his own struggle in a depression confessional (because: timing). Johnson, meanwhile, has long admitted his autism.
NYT‘s Charles Blow doesn’t think about race as much as you think (except that he does)
2. “I don’t think abt race nearly as much as ppl seem to think. BUT, I think abt racism all the time! It’s so ridiculous that it flummoxes me.” — NYT op-ed writer Charles Blow.
Wesley Lowery’s sweater nearly suffocates him in the heat (an exaggerated headline for a tweet that truly does not matter)
1. “In retrospect, it might be a little too warm today for this sweater I’m wearing.” — WaPo race reporter Wesley Lowery.