Professional resource website Glassdoor released a list Wednesday showcasing the 25 highest paid professions in the country.
Glassdoor provides a variety of services, including company ratings and interview reviews, to help those seeking employment. Among those resources, perhaps the most cited is its index of salaries. At the moment, physicians are the highest paid professionals, landing at a median base salary of $180,000.
“This report reinforces that high pay continues to be tied to in-demand skills, higher education and working in jobs that are protected from competition or automation,” Glassdoor Chief Economist Dr. Andrew Chamberlain said in a statement. “This is why we see several jobs within the technology and healthcare industries.”
The rest of the list is as follows:
2. Lawyers at $144,500.
3. Research & Development Managers at $142,120.
4. Software Development Managers at $132,000.
5. Pharmacy Managers at $130,000.
6. Strategy Managers at $130,000.
7. Software Architects at $128,250.
8. Integrated Circuit Designer Engineers at $127,500.
9. IT Managers at $120,000.
10. Solutions Architects at $120,000.
11. Engagement Manager at $120,000.
12. Applications Development Manager at $120,000.
13. Pharmacists at $118,000.
14. Systems Architects at $116,920.
15. Finance Managers at $115,000.
16. Data Scientists at $115,000.
17. Risk Managers at $115,000.
18. Creative Directors at $115,000.
19. Actuaries at $115,000.
20. Data Architects at $113,000.
21. Tax Managers at $110,000.
22. Product Managers at $107,000.
23. Design Managers at $106,500.
24. Analytics Managers at $106,000.
25. Information Systems Managers at $106,000.
“There’s no doubt that pay is among the leading factors most job seekers weigh when determining where to work,” Chamberlain also noted. “However, our research shows that a big paycheck isn’t necessarily tied to long-term satisfaction in your job.”
Glassdoor also conducted surveys and research on job satisfaction. While compensation does matter to an extent, people are most happy when they feel the job they have has good culture and values, career opportunities and they are trusted by senior leadership. Data scientists, for instance, is the sixteenth highest paid job and the first best reviewed in a recent survey of best jobs in America.
The rest of that list includes Integrated Circuit Designer Engineer, IT Manager, Solutions Architect, Engagement Manager, Applications Development Manager, Pharmacist, Systems Architect, Finance Manager, Data Scientist, Risk Manager, Creative Director, Actuary, Data Architect, Tax Manager, Product Manager, Design Manager, Analytics, Information Systems Manager.
Wages overall, however, have been slow to grow even as the economy improves. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has found in recent reports that wage growth has been practically stagnant compared to past growth rates.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].