Here’s The Monica Lewinsky Joke That Landed A Professor In A HEAP Of Trouble At The University Of Georgia

Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky Reuters

A University of Georgia professor is facing disciplinary action because he sent an email containing a joke referencing Monica Lewinsky, the White House intern whose affair with President Bill Clinton in the mid-1990s led to Clinton’s impeachment and nearly brought down his presidency.

The professor, Thomas Harris of Georgia’s Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, sent the offending email last month, according to The Red & Black, the campus newspaper.

The subject line of the email read “Endorsement.”

The body of the July 26 email contained a photo of Lewinsky and a caption reading: “Lewinsky Fails To Endorse Clinton.”

“I will not vote for Hillary Clinton,” the caption read. “The last Clinton Presidency left a bad taste in my mouth. As we get closer to November of this election year, citizens must remember that they cannot trust Hillary Clinton to create American jobs. The last time she had a meaningful job, she outsourced it to me. And I simply blew it.”

Harris said he meant to send the email only to certain colleagues. Instead, however, he managed to send it to the much larger listserv subscription email system for the entire forestry school.

Consequently, Harris’s email landed in the email boxes of every forestry school student.

“Mr. Harris has admitted via an email to the entire Warnell listserv that sending this was a serious error of judgment and has offered an unprompted apology,” Dale Greene, the dean of the Warnell School, explained in an email obtained by The Red & Black.

“While it appears that this was intended as a humorous political statement, let me remind everyone that the Warnell listserv is not an appropriate place to share political views,” the dean also wrote. “We are all public servants who will faithfully serve our elected leaders and the citizens whom they represent regardless of political party.” (RELATED: Racism Causes Black College Students To Be Fat, Professor Says At U. Georgia Lecture)

Harris will apparently suffer some punishment for sending out the email. However, Greene would not disclose the details.

“He and I have had a firm discussion about that, and actions have been taken,” Greene told the campus newspaper.

“Our students will receive a link to an email reminding them that it’s incumbent upon all of us in the school to continue to make the environment in our school as inclusive and welcoming as we can,” the dean added.

Harris specializes in forest business and timber supply and markets. He has a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business. (RELATED: Trump’s Ivy League Alma Mater Treats Him Like A Red-Headed Stepchild)

Follow Eric on TwitterLike Eric on Facebook. Send education-related story tips to erico@dailycaller.com.