Taxpayer-Backed School Holds Lesson On How To ‘Stop White People’

Shutterstock/Phovoir

Daily Caller News Foundation logo
Blake Neff Reporter

The State University of New York at Binghamton (SUNY-Binghamton) is offering a training class titled “StopWhitePeople2k16,” to instruct residential assistants (RAs) on how to deal with “uneducated” people who don’t believe in ideas like white privilege.

The class is just one of several available to RAs at the school, and was discovered by the Binghamton Review, a student newspaper. Residential assistants are students who agree to assist with overseeing and monitoring residential life in return for receiving a free room from the school. Apparently, though, Binghamton RAs also have the responsibility of “stopping” white people.

“The premise of this session is to help others take the next step in understanding diversity, privilege, and the society we function within,” the class description says. “Learning about these topics is a good first step, but when encountered with ‘good’ arguments from uneducated people, how do you respond? This open discussion will give attendees the tools to do so, and hopefully expand upon what they may already know.” (RELATED: Public College Students Warned To ‘Check Your Privilege’)

The class in question is being taught by three current RAs at SUNY-Binghamton.

If SUNY-Binghamton RAs are being trained to take down “uneducated” white people, it seems like it would go against the school’s own guide for RAs. (RELATED: White Privilege Conference Denounced As Too White)

“[T]he residential life program strives to provide environments which … create an environment where interaction between people of different cultural and ethnic backgrounds as well as the sharing of divergent opinions and beliefs are respected and welcomed,” the guide says.

Follow Blake on Twitter

Send tips to blake@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

All content created by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent and nonpartisan newswire service, is available without charge to any legitimate news publisher that can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter’s byline and their DCNF affiliation. For any questions about our guidelines or partnering with us, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Tags : new york
Blake Neff