VP Nominee Mike Pence Was Once A Budding Cartoonist [CARTOONS]

lev radin/shutterstock.com

Ted Goodman Contributor

Indiana governor and Republican vice-presidential nominee Mike Pence was once a young, aspiring cartoonist..

Apparently, during his time at Indiana University’s Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Pence drew up a series of cartoons for the school’s student newspaper. Pence named his character “Law School Daze” and the series included Daze navigating his way through interesting situations that some law school students might a little bit funny, but probably wasn’t a big hit to a wider audience.

A twitter account belonging to Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis’ collections and archives shared a few of his works over twitter:

Another piece of his work included some creative word-play, where Pence played off of the magazine “Sports Illustrated,” and featured a new magazine for parents of law students entitled “Torts Illustrated.”

The Daily Caller News Foundation obtained a collection of Pence’s works. Decide for yourself if Pence had a future in comics, or if he made the wise decision to stick to politics and the law:

"Law School Daze" (Photo courtesy of the IUPUI University Library Ruth Lilly Special Collections and Archives)

“Law School Daze” (Photo courtesy of the IUPUI University Library Ruth Lilly Special Collections and Archives)

Pence graduated from law school in 1986 and then went into private practice. Pence unsuccessfully ran for congress in 1988 and 1990, and then returned to private practice until starting his own radio show in 1994. Pence was elected to congress in 2000, and served for 12 years before being elected Governor of Indiana in 2012.

Follow Ted on Twitter

Send Tips to ted@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.