US

10 Kids Suffer Chemical Burns Trying To Have Fun At A Water Park

Ten children suffered blistering chemical burns at a northwestern Indiana water park Wednesday.

The Porter County Health Department administrator, Keith Letta, told reporters Wednesday that a system malfunction reportedly caused the water at Seven Peaks Water Park to be massively over-chlorinated.

The overly chlorinated water left 10 children with leg and arm rashes that eventually blistered.

The health administrator said the Seven Peaks Water Park does not have the necessary permits, inspections or equipment when it opened last Thursday and was closed Monday as the facility continues to undergo inspections.

Adding too little chlorine to water will inevitably lead to bacteria growth, but too much chlorine can cause serious chemical burns. In the case of an equipment malfunction, like the one that occurred at Seven Peaks, there is no way of knowing whether the pool is getting too much, or too little, chlorine.

The park will remain closed until the issues are resolved.

Follow Robert on Twitter

Send tips to [email protected]

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].