Alec Baldwin told Ellen DeGeneres on Wednesday that he will be returning to “Saturday Night Live” for the season premiere to reprise his President Donald Trump impersonation.
“The season premiere is September 30, and I’m going to do that,” the 59-year-old actor confirmed during his appearance on “The Ellen Show” to promote his parody book “You Can’t Spell America Without Me,” which is centered on the president. (RELATED: Mocking Trump Gives ‘SNL’ Highest Ratings In 22 Years)
“I’m going to do a couple of them…” he added. “We’re going to do it until–nevermind.”
It is no surprise Baldwin is reprising his role playing Trump, as he has previously stated it has given the actor more attention than he has ever received in his entire career. It even earned him an Emmy nomination for the part.
Baldwin mocking Trump and Melissa McCarthy playing an unhinged Sean Spicer equaled huge ratings for the late-night comedy sketch last season.
Just how long Baldwin will keep playing the role is up in the air. In the past, he has been reluctant to say.
“Yea, we’re going to fit that in,” Baldwin said. “I think people have enjoyed it.”
However, the actor stressed that fans should not expect to see him on the show as much this season due to his schedule. He suggested that his appearances on “SNL” will be more like “a couple celery sticks” instead of the “whole meal.”