Man In Critical Condition After His Champagne Bottle Exploded In His Crotch

Gabrielle Okun | Reporter

A Danish man is in critical condition after a champagne bottle he held between his legs exploded in his crotch on New Year’s Eve, according to a report Tuesday.

A Danish man was put in an induced coma after a champagne bottle exploded. A shard of glass cut through an artery in his leg, causing significant blood loss, reported the Daily Mail. The man is currently in one of Denmark’s largest hospitals called the Copenhagen Rigshospitalet and remains in critical condition, according to regional police officer Brian Munch, reported The Local Denmark.

While doctors warn about “champagne injuries” during the holiday season, most are caused by the champagne cork, not the glass bottle. A study in 2011 by Morrisons found that 900,000 people in England have suffered champagne-related injuries, reported The Huffington Post.

ALSO WATCH:

Follow Gabrielle on Twitter
Send tips to gabrielle@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

The Daily Caller News Foundation is working hard to balance out the biased American media. For as little as $3, you can help us. Freedom of speech isn’t free. Make a one-time donation to support the quality, independent journalism of TheDCNF. We’re not dependent on commercial or political support and we do not accept any government funding.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Tags : copenhagen denmark new years eve
© Copyright 2010 - 2018 | The Daily Caller