Apple Store Evacuated After iPhone Battery Overheats, Filling Store With Smoke

Henry Rodgers | Capitol Hill Reporter

An Apple store was evacuated after an iPhone battery overheated Tuesday, causing a build-up of smoke and left a repair worker who was removing the battery injured.

Around 50 people were inside an Apple store in Zurich, Switzerland, when the battery of an iPhone overheated and burned the hand of a worker. As the battery overheated, smoke began to emerge from the device, forcing customers to evacuate the premises.

“At the same time, there was a slight build-up of smoke, which led to around 50 customers and employees having to leave the business temporarily,” police said in a statement. “The staff responded well and correctly. It sprinkled quartz sand over the overheated battery so that the smoke could be contained and sucked out after switching on the ventilation.”

Seven people whom were present received medical treatment but did not need to be taken to the hospital.

Forensic specialists are currently investigating the incident.

Also WATCH:

Follow Henry Rodgers On Twitter

Freedom of Speech Isn’t Free
The Daily Caller News Foundation is working hard to balance out the biased American media. For as little as $3, you can help us. Make a one-time donation to support the quality, independent journalism of TheDCNF. We’re not dependent on commercial or political support and we do not accept any government funding.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Tags : apple iphone zurich
© Copyright 2010 - 2018 | The Daily Caller