The Daily Caller and The Daily Caller News Foundation are currently hiring for the following positions:
Entertainment Reporter – The Daily Caller
The Daily Caller is looking for an entertainment reporter.
Applicants must have a great sense of humor and an appetite for irreverent coverage of all things entertainment.
If you can break down celebrity feuds in scintillating detail, whip together a slideshow of the fittest bikini models in the world, and rip apart an award show like a bag of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, this is the right job for you.
Understanding what makes something explode on social media is essential. You will be judged and celebrated based on the traffic you bring in.
Additionally, our entertainment reporters are expected to be lightning fast, yet careful, content creators.
Your work will be featured on both The Daily Caller and our world famous, entertainment-only sister site — The Smoke Room.
Experience covering entertainment news and/or gossip is preferred.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and any relevant clips to The Daily Caller’s editor, Vince Coglianese ([email protected]).
National Advertising Manager of Private Marketplaces
The Daily Caller, www.dailycaller.com is seeking a National Advertising Manager of Private Marketplaces (NYC). The role reports directly to the VP of Advertising and will be responsible for the planning, negotiation and tracking of competitive private marketplace deals with digital publishers across the country. Relying heavily on your 2+ years’ experience in the digital media industry and solid understanding of the ever-changing programmatic landscape, you will help to garner exclusive rates that will add increasing value for Daily Caller clients and also bolster the brand status to be viewed as a viable digital partner.
As part of the small and high-performing team, you’ll work closely with our Director of Client Services and SSP’s to ensure that we continue to offer our clients the widest possible array of sites, and the most favorable terms.
- Manage and maintain Private Marketplace deals for the The Daily Caller
- Negotiate with the agencies and buying teams
- Accept the deals in the systems
- Troubleshoot any deal delivery issue
- Monitor delivery & performance for all deals
- Insights & Optimizations
- Analyze PMP data to suggest better performing deals between divisions
- Suggest new deals within the category or that fit the targeting schema’s plus new opportunities
- Other insights projects as assigned
- PMP Planning Lead
- Work with the leads and coordinators to define targets and cultivate suggested PMP strategy
- Build the PMP plan and assist the Coordinator with the excel template
- Work with any/all PMP publishers to identify new PMP deals stay in touch with Director, Publisher Development in NYC to align conversations, jointly meet with publishers
- Build relationships with the SSP’s to understand off the shelf PMP inventory available for Daily Caller Customers
- Four-year college degree
- Must have 1+ years’ hands-on experience working with demand-side platforms (Bid Management, Campaign Management/Optimization, Digital Media Operations)
- Client facing experience with the ability to identify risks and effectively manage through issues
- Understanding of traditional and digital media planning elements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office solutions
- Strong analytical thinking and mathematical skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to proactively approach situations and diffuse tensions
- Ability to organize and manage detail work
Send resumes to Margaret Crilley – [email protected]
The Daily Caller is always looking for great journalists. Don’t have experience? No big. We prefer people who aren’t corrupted by the press. (We’ll even take on recovering MSMrs, if you’ve got what it takes.)
For other employment inquiries, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].