The Daily Caller is currently hiring for the following positions:
Reporting Fellow – The Daily Caller News Foundation
Starting in October 2016, The Daily Caller News Foundation will be seeking a policy reporter to break news on important issues in America and the world. The job entails reporting for one of the country’s most-read news sites from our Washington, D.C. headquarters. Beats include business, defense, labor, abortion, energy, politics, education, foreign affairs, drug policy, immigration, regulation, Washington, the environment, criminalization, religious liberty and others.
The ideal candidate will be a strong writer with keen research skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex policy. The candidate must also have excellent news judgment, with an eye for what stories will draw incredible amounts of public interest. Alongside joining an enthusiastic, dedicated and growing team, perks include great health care, flexible vacation time, and an in-house office bar where staff eat lunch and grab beers after work. Softball and bar-game skills a plus. Thick skin is a necessity.
The two-year fellowship will begin in May 2017.
Founded by Tucker Carlson, a 20-year veteran of print and broadcast media, and Neil Patel, former chief policy adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney, The Daily Caller News Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit providing original investigative reporting from a team of professional reporters that operates for the public benefit.
Located just three blocks from the White House, TheDCNF is easily accessible from four Metro lines. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Christopher Bedford, Editor in Chief – [email protected]
The Daily Caller is looking for a Senior Sales Reps to join our online advertising team. We are looking for someone who is aggressive, personable, and driven to hit their goals. Our culture is young and this is a great opportunity, especially for someone looking into the news and media industry. Training will be provided.
The right people will:
- Have a strong desire to sell online advertising.
- Be aggressive enough to make many calls per day to advertising prospects.
- Be able to pitch the site in person to advertisers and to closesales.
- Have a general understanding and familiarity with national politics.
The Sales Associate will be responsible for sales prospecting, agency/client relationship development, reporting, presenting, negotiating and closing sales. The Sales Associates will cultivate and maintain successful long-term relationships with advertising decision-makers at ad agencies and/or directly at the client level.
National Advertising Manager of Private Marketplaces
The Daily Caller, www.dailycaller.com is seeking a National Advertising Manager of Private Marketplaces (NYC). The role reports directly to the VP of Advertising and will be responsible for the planning, negotiation and tracking of competitive private marketplace deals with digital publishers across the country. Relying heavily on your 2+ years’ experience in the digital media industry and solid understanding of the ever-changing programmatic landscape, you will help to garner exclusive rates that will add increasing value for Daily Caller clients and also bolster the brand status to be viewed as a viable digital partner.
As part of the small and high-performing team, you’ll work closely with our Director of Client Services and SSP’s to ensure that we continue to offer our clients the widest possible array of sites, and the most favorable terms.
- Manage and maintain Private Marketplace deals for the The Daily Caller
- Negotiate with the agencies and buying teams
- Accept the deals in the systems
- Troubleshoot any deal delivery issue
- Monitor delivery & performance for all deals
- Insights & Optimizations
- Analyze PMP data to suggest better performing deals between divisions
- Suggest new deals within the category or that fit the targeting schema’s plus new opportunities
- Other insights projects as assigned
- PMP Planning Lead
- Work with the leads and coordinators to define targets and cultivate suggested PMP strategy
- Build the PMP plan and assist the Coordinator with the excel template
- Work with any/all PMP publishers to identify new PMP deals stay in touch with Director, Publisher Development in NYC to align conversations, jointly meet with publishers
- Build relationships with the SSP’s to understand off the shelf PMP inventory available for Daily Caller Customers
- Four-year college degree
- Must have 1+ years’ hands-on experience working with demand-side platforms (Bid Management, Campaign Management/Optimization, Digital Media Operations)
- Client facing experience with the ability to identify risks and effectively manage through issues
- Understanding of traditional and digital media planning elements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office solutions
- Strong analytical thinking and mathematical skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to proactively approach situations and diffuse tensions
- Ability to organize and manage detail work
Send Resumes to Margaret Crilley – [email protected]
The Daily Caller is always looking for great journalists. Don’t have experience? No big. We prefer people who aren’t corrupted by the press. (We’ll even take on recovering MSMrs, if you’ve got what it takes.)
For other employment inquiries, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].