Welcome to the Daily Caller. Editors’ letters have a well-deserved reputation for undue length and self-seriousness, so in 15,000 words or less let me confirm the stereotype.
Just kidding. I’ll be (by my standards) brief. This is primarily a news site. We see our core job as straightforward: Find out what’s happening and tell you about it. We plan to be accurate, both in the facts we assert and in the conclusions we imply. If we’re not, tell us. We’ll fix it immediately.
But we’re also doing some other things. Here are a few of them:
- Our blog is called The DC Trawler. It’s hosted by Jim Treacher, a demented genius we convinced to move from Indianapolis a couple of weeks ago. Not your average person. You’ll see.
- My old friend Matt Labash is writing an advice column for us. Not all of Matt’s advice falls within the bounds of “conventional,” or even “legal.” On the other hand, I’ve lived by it for 15 years and I feel great. So go ahead and ask Matt anything. I dare you. His email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ve tried to make our video section the best organized and most interesting around. Imagine YouTube with a working card catalog and no fifth-grade filmmakers. You’ll find everything from breaking news to vintage political coverage, to Japanese game shows and clips of people hurting themselves. Enjoy.
- Our first original Daily Caller video is up with its own button on our home page. It’s called Dear Mr. Gorbachev, performed by Nashville songwriter Billy Cerveny. I won’t even try to explain the thesis except to warn you it’s cheerfully subversive. Click on it and let us know what you think.
- If you want home delivery of our news and features, please sign up for our emails, including TheDC Morning, our daily news digest. You can also sign up there for our Twitter feed, our Facebook page and our text message alerts.
- Finally, please talk to us. We miss you, we need you – your tips and story ideas anyway. You can send those to: email@example.com. Nominations to the Online Video Hall of Fame go to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for giving us a shot. We hope you return compulsively.