Thanks for riding WikiLeaks, please exit through our gift shop.
WikiLeaks supporters have a new, highly commercial way to support anonymous information-sharing: apparel.
For between $6.99 to $44.99, shoppers can select from t-shirts, hoodies and accessories printed with leak-supporting designs, including:
- A depiction of WikiLeaks’ founder Julian Assange in the style of Che Guevara’s silkscreened image under the words, “Viva La Informacion!”
- WikiLeaks’ now-infamous dripping hourglass logo, coupled with the declaration: “I am WikiLeaks.”
- A quote from Assange, which reads, “What does censorship reveal? It reveals fear.”
- A quote from Thomas Jefferson, stating, “Information is the currency of democracy.”
- A picture of Assange with his mouth taped shut by an American flag, asserting, “The truth is not treason.”
WikiLeaks is attempting to use the store as a revenue source to support both its operations and a legal defense fund for Assange. According to Mashable, this latest money-maker follows an earlier report that Assange would be receiving $1.3 million for his autobiography.
So if you’re a big fan of the world’s secrecy wrecking ball, now’s your chance to get an umbrella to show your support.
They say it’s a little leaky outside.
(And if you’re in the web store browsing mood, there’s this great Daily Caller Store you can peruse…)