Charlie Sheen may have lost his “Two and a Half Men” acting gig and stand accused of terrorizing porn star Capri Anderson in a hotel room late last year, but the actor says his life is “perfect” and he’s “the nicest guy you want to meet.”
Sheen, whose publicist quit Monday, says his passion is misunderstood by many, adding that he was upset when his show was shut down.
“I think the mistake[s] I made … is that people misinterpret my passion for anger,” Sheen said during an interview with ABC that aired Tuesday.
When told the show cancellation cost an estimated quarter of a billion dollars, Sheen seemed to blame those who made the choice to end the program.
“It’s going to cost them a lot more because they’re on a battlefield and they let their emotions, their ego, basically they strapped on their diapers, and so, they’re in breach, they’re in radical breach and sorry guys, you screwed up,” Sheen said.
When asked if he would sue the show, Sheen said, “Wouldn’t you? I don’t have a job. I got a whole family to support and love and people beyond myself, a lot more important than me are relying on that money to fuel the magic.”
Smoking during the interview, Sheen said he’s seeking “tons” from “Two and a Half Men.”
“I’m here to collect,” Sheen said, recommending an out-of-court settlement.
Sheen said he felt bad about having been accused of anti-Semitism after using the Hebrew version of his boss, Chuck Lorre, in a disparaging manner during last week’s epic radio rant.
“[I’m] really upset about how something was interpreted, that I feel terrible about, so we should just clear the air on that,” Sheen said. “People that know me, there’s nothing about that in my history anywhere.”
Sheen apologized for his words but implied that the show creator could use a stronger backbone.
“I would say, um, you know, I’m sorry if I offended you, I didn’t know you were such a, I didn’t know you were so sensitive,” Sheen said, lighting up a cigarette. “Sorry if I offended you. I just thought, you know, after you wailing on me for eight years that I could like take a few shots back. I didn’t know you were going to take your little ball and go home and punish everybody in the process.”
“I’ve always been the guy that’s been, you know, I’m extremely old-fashioned, I’m a nobleman, I’m chivalrous, I believe that chivalry is not dead, it’s just been in a coma for a long time,” Sheen said.
Sheen lives with two of his young girlfriends, who he calls “the goddesses” and has previously been accused of verbally and physically abusing women in his life.
“You’ve read about the goddesses, come on. They’re an international sensation. These are my girlfriends. These are the women that I love that have completed the three parts of my heart,” Sheen said.
Sheen said he’s chosen to embrace his party lifestyle, which has been under scrutiny since he went on a highly publicized drug binge and was rushed to the hospital in January.
“I woke up and decided, you know, I’ve been kicked around. I’ve been criticized. I’ve been like the, ‘Ah, shucks’ guy with like this bitchin’ rock star life. And I’m just finally going to completely embrace it, wrap both arms around it and love it violently. And defend it violently through violent hatred.”
“I am on a drug, it’s called Charlie Sheen,” Sheen said when told many people assume he’s a substance abuser. “It’s not available because if you try it once, you will die, your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.”
[WATCH: Charlie Sheen speaks out on extensive ABC interview]