Less than a month ago, “30 Rock” star Alec Baldwin debuted his Twitter account, fueling speculation that he’ll seek political office if he leaves the sitcom next year.
Since he started using Twitter in May, the comedian has opined on everything from presidential hopeful Mitt Romney to embattled former Congressman Anthony Weiner to drunk tweeting. Soon after launching his Twitter page, Baldwin gave his official website a much needed makeover, further stoking the rumors that he’ll run for office.
In all honesty, we’re more amused by Baldwin’s incoherent tweets than his political aspirations, which he makes known through his Huffington Post contributing columns, so take a look at our compilation of the most eye-grabbing Baldwin tweets. Whether or not you deem him relevant, he’s an attention getter, and he’s often funnier than teen emo Twitter users.
1. Enter “spweet” territory: “That girl re the photo ‘spweeted’ on me. That’s when you spit on someone using twitter.”
2. I could have told you that: “Friend told me today not to drink and tweet.”
3. Blood would be easier to clean up: “I can’t quit coffee. Ever. I’m the Foster Brooks of coffee. You cut me, and espresso comes out.”
4. The embodiment of discipline: “I only had one peanut butter cookie a day…..the size of a hubcap.”
5. When in doubt, don’t make Nazi jokes: “My drink is four shots of espresso in an iced coffee. It’s called a Nazi.”
6. Even when you have an explanation: “Because it kicks your door down in the early morning, pulls you out of bed.”
7. Too late: “Wiener should not resign.”
8. Yourself included?: “A lot, a real lot, of sanctimonious d-bags on HuffPo.”
9. Elitist life ain’t easy: “Phone crashed. I just aged forty years.”
10. From shyness to spweeting: “My first tweet. Maybe I needed a glass of wine beforehand. I feel….so shy.”