As Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s dictatorship teeters on the brink of total collapse, commentators have taken to Twitter to send their well wishes to the Libyan people and to tweet their best jokes. The jokes have ranged from poking fun of the many spellings of Gaddafi’s name to lampooning MSNBC for not having live coverage of the situation until very late.
Here are the top 10 funniest tweets so far:
10. farhanmasood: BREAKING: Gaddafi captured for 9th time, after being killed 6 times Whoa!! 😀
9. robinenergy: Do you think the plagiarism will be brought up at Saif’s ICC trial
8. tomgara: Gaddafi packing bags, aides say there will be spoons at the compound in Algiers. Gaddafi insisting he needs to pack the the SPECIAL SPOONS.
7. mcmoynihan: I wonder which of the Qaddafis will hire Ramsey Clark.
5. sethmeyers21: Gaddafi is ousted but Qaddafi fights on. No one can find Gadhafi.
3. RyanLizza: Either the warfare in the streets of Tripoli looks oddly like US cops macing wedding party in suburbs or MSNBC has no live coverage of Libya.
2. greggutfeld : Watching all of gadafi’s sons get arrested makes me think he was also a lousy dad.
1. NoahPollak : I guess Gaddafi is never gonna make General.