Despite the emotional trauma Washington, D.C residents suffered as a result of the Great Earthquake of 2011, many still found the fortitude and courage to carry on tweeting.
Here are the ten funniest tweets to come from the disaster:
6. McCormackJohn: God clearly displeased that Paul Ryan didn’t run for president.
5. politicoroger POLITICO had the earthquake story yesterday.
4. DCEarthquake: A 5.8 out of 10? I am way better than that.
3. jstrevino: Sorry about the earthquake, DC. That was just Rick Perry getting off his horse.
2. Ben_Howe: GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!!
1. TomFornelli: WOLF BLITZER IS ON THE PHONE WITH THE EARTHQUAKE.