Cain addresses new sexual harassment allegations in interview with former ‘Man Show’ host [VIDEO]
After a fourth accuser stepped forward Monday with allegations of sexual harassment against embattled Republican presidential frontrunner Herman Cain, the former Godfather’s Pizza CEO went to the former co-host of “The Man Show” to issue his denials.
On the Monday broadcast of ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” Cain admitted it was a rough day and that the new allegations from Sharon Bialek caught him off guard.
“Well, all things considered, I’m still alive. It got off to somewhat of a rough start. We were a little surprised to show up on TV … At least it wasn’t one of the many that have the first name ‘anonymous,’” Cain said. “So now this one actually had a name and a so we watched to see what it was and who it was and we are dealing with it and tomorrow we’re going to have a press conference.”
Cain didn’t speak very favorably of Bialek attorney Gloria Allred, and complained that the timing of Allred’s announcement mad eit impossible for him to watch the televised circus with his wife.
“My wife is in Atlanta,” Cain told Kimmel. “We were in San Francisco because I had a speech at noon. This press conference came on at 10:30. So my wife did watch it and I called her immediately afterwards. And as I was sitting there, I had a few of my staff members there with me, and I’m sitting here and they’re watching me — and they could see steam coming out of my ears.
And the feelings that you have when you know that all of this is totally fabricated — you go from anger, then you get disgusted, you try to control yourself to make sure you watch this thing all the way through it. And I was listening very closely, and then when it was all over with, I said, ‘Well I know what we’ve got to do.’
“Because there’s not an ounce of truth in all of these accusations, and my team is putting this stuff together. That’s why I’m willing to do a press conference tomorrow to set the record straight.”
[dcvideo videoid=”24779414″ name=”ndnPlayer_24779414″ type=”ndn” /]
Cain said that contrary to his previous statements, he would continue addressing seual harassment claims against him.
“When I made the statement that I’m done talking about this, I was talking about the firestorm last week,” Cain said. “I wasn’t talking about this new firestorm that we discovered today. But no, we are going to talk about this one and I am going to talk about it at the press conference.”