Sit back, relax, crack open a brewski and re-watch some of the 10 greatest beer commercials over the past decade. Whether you prefer Coors, Corona or Sam Adams, this post’s for you.
10. Samuel Adams: “For the love of beer” 2012 ad. Not sure if it’s the catchy song, “Overwhelmed” by new artist Tim McMorris or if it’s seeing Samuel Adams owner Jim Koch suddenly emerge from a furnace full of beer that makes this ad so heartwarming.
9. Coors Light: “NFL coaches” series. These ads splice NFL head coaches’ actual post-game press conferences with questions from audacious Coors fans. This one that features Denny Green in his infamous press conference shouting “THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!”
8. Corona: “The Football Trick” 2010 ad. Girls in bikinis? Check. Man failing miserably trying to pick them up with his football skills? Check.
7. Carlton Draught: “Slow Motion” 2010 ad. As the Australian beer is poured into a frosty glass in slow motion, opera singer Antonello Gotta sings about how “at normal speed men look really ugly” and that “men look better in slow motion.”
6. Bergenbier: “Drink Responsibly” ad. This Romanian beer ad is an effective PSA on the danger of beer goggles that does not so effectively convince you to actually drink the beer.
5. Bud Light: 2007 “Swear Jar” ad. This swear jar trick would never work in here in TheDC’s headquarters, unfortunately. But it’s worth a shot elsewhere.
4. Heineken: “Most Interesting Man on Earth” ad campaign. Listen to”The Most Interesting Man’s” words of wisdom on “Boxers v Briefs”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmVBVfR49HI
And here he is again on fanny packs:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYKY2KTJZ3I
3. Budweiser: “Whassup” ad campaign. This is 1999 ad actually coined the annoying phrase “Whassup” that everyone was going around saying back in the late 1990’s and early 2000’s.
2. Bud Light: “Real Men of Genius” series. Somehow these ads never get old. These series have paid tribute to “real men of genius” like “Mr. Really Really Really Bad Dancer” and “Mr. Giant Taco Salad Inventor.” So here’s to you, Mr. Creator of the “Real Men of Genius” ads.
1. Miller Lite: 2003 “Catfight” ad, the most epic cat fight of all time.