Move over, Clark Griswold, you’re so … 1989. This year, all the cool kids are decking out their houses “Gangnam Style.”
My sympathies if the owners of any of these homes are your neighbors.
Also, if you’ve been living under a rock for the past few months and are unacquainted with Korean singer-songwriter PSY’s magnum opus, check it out here.
10. Perhaps the most basic display on the list, it still has a lot going for it. The three Christmas trees on the roof are the highlight here.
9. Tired of the original Gangnam Style? Remix time. Hipsters who find the original Gangnam too “mainstream,” this is for you.
8. Although the house is quite small, this is a brilliant example of maximizing effect when not given much to work with. Good light synchronization, and the snowman functioning as the singer is a nice touch on a tight budget.
7. Remix, part deux. The color scheme captures the eye with its nontraditional reds and oranges. This being said, the tree is rather creepy in its resemblance to a spindly skeletal hand and might be more fit for a Halloween display.
6. Whoever’s responsible for this display sure loves their lawn ornaments. Seriously, they may be eligible for a holiday edition of Hoarders.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrarxZF9tVc
5. This one starts out slow, but once the five little trees and four arches get involved in the routine, the display develops its own unique character. Nice camerawork getting multiple angles.
4. This reindeer has dancing skills PSY himself would be proud of.
3. Hilarious lip syncing. They even include multiple faces and mouths for the Gangnam backup singers. Technically a Halloween display, but too cool not to include.
2. No gimmicks here. Just well timed flashes and a cool-as-ice color scheme. The effect of cutting all the lights at certain moments is particularly striking. Check out some local news coverage of this house here.
1. We go down under to Perth, Australia, for the house topping out the list. What’s so great about it? It combines what made so many of these other houses work into one neat and tidy package: cutting the lights for dramatic effect, synchronized face, cool colors. Also, the lights drawn along this sweet house’s straight edges give the display a sleek modern look.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.