The British Columbia coroner’s office announced that “Glee” star Cory Monteith died from an overdose of alcohol and heroin.
The coroner’s office announced in a YouTube video Tuesday: “We are here today to announce that we do now have a cause of death in the tragic death of Cory Moneith. And that cause of death was a mixed drug toxicity and it involved heroin primarily and also alcohol.”
Monteith died Saturday, July 13 at the Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia where he had been staying since July 6.
“That’s really all the information we have at this point,” the spokeswoman continued. “The coroner’s investigation is continuing. Mr. Monteith’s family is of course aware of the circumstances of his death and we do, on behalf of them, ask for privacy as they go through this grieving process.”
She concluded: “We should also say at this point that there is absolutely nothing at this point — no evidence to suggest that this is anything other than the most sad and tragic accident.”