Democrats are bringing unemployed Americans with them to the State of the Union on Tuesday evening to make a point about expired federal jobless benefits.
According to a Monday news release, House Democrats plan to trot out at least eight unemployed people from across the country at a press conference Tuesday before President Obama makes his annual address to the country.
The release said they are bringing the unemployed guests to highlight the need to extend unemployment insurance benefits that recently expired.
Here is a list of lawmakers and their unemployed guests:
– Rep. Sander Levin (D-MI) and Josie Maisano of St. Clair Shores, MI
– Rep. Mark Pocan (D-WI) and Brian Krueger of Mount Horeb, WI
– Rep. Alan Lowenthal (D-CA) and Alexandria Jamieson of Los Alamitos, CA
– Rep. Danny Davis (D-IL) and Wessita McKinley of Capital Heights, MD
– Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham (D-NM) and Coby Messier of Albuquerque, NM
– Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ) and Mark Wetherbee of Ewing, NJ
– Rep. Joe Courtney (D-CT) and Katherine Hackett of Moodus, CT
– Rep. Steven Horsford (D-NV) and Tamika Woods of North Las Vegas, NV