5. “Not in the room… But not sensing huge energy.” — Politico‘s Glenn Thrush on the evening of the State of the Union.
Journo judges TV with the sound off
4. “I have the sound off but it appears that Rachel Maddow and Tim Huelskamp are speaking loudly at one another on MSNBC. #surprise” — Politico‘s Alex Byers.
No words to prepare you for this one…
3. “I feel like you can only be a Republican woman if you have a mentally handicapped child. Palin set the standard.” — Sydney Elaine Leathers, porn actress and former phone sex partner to ex-Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-Schlongston).
STOP WASTING OUR TIME!
2. “Sorry. Last two tweets had wrong links. Fixing now.” — National Journal’s national correspondent Ron Fournier.
STFU at a glance
1. “I strongly dislike when people don’t respond to chats/texts in a timely manner. It’s really bad etiquette. We all know you saw the text/chat, and CHOSE not to respond. We live in a digital age. You don’t ignore someone when they ask you something to your face. Why do it over the internet or phone? It’s just rude. Plain and simple. Very poor etiquette. Sure, there are always exceptions, but for most part, responses should be timely. I pledge to always respond to chats/texts within at least 5 min. It’s really not hard to do. Note: My previous mini-rant was not directed at one individual person, but several ppl who have committed offenses over long period of time.” — TheBlaze‘ Oliver Darcy in a several-tweet rant that is about the dumbest thing we’ve read all week. Just for this, we’d like everyone who gets a text, gchat or email from Darcy to wait at least 30 minutes before responding.