Here’s video of the feminist studies prof facing assault charges for attacking 16-year-old abortion foe

A video clip has surfaced of the University of California, Santa Barbara professor who appears to have stolen a graphic anti-abortion sign from two abortion protesters and then assaulted one of the protesters earlier this month.

The professor is Mireille Miller-Young. She is an associate professor in the feminist studies department who specializes in queer theory, black film and pornography.

The abortion protesters are Thrin Short, 16, and her sister 21-year-old sister, Joan. They are members of a Riverside, Calif.-based pro-life group called Survivors of the Abortion Holocaust.

Miller-Young is now facing assault charges as a result of her actions, reports The Daily Nexus, the UC Santa Barbara student newspaper.

The scene went down on Tuesday, March 4. The Short sisters were standing in a designated “free speech zone” on the UC Santa Barbara campus with at least one large, very gruesome poster depicting aborted fetuses. (RELATED: Feminist studies’ prof accused of physically assaulting 16-year-old girl for opposing abortion)

Thrin Short told Fox News that Miller-Young approached her and her sister, who had already been arguing with a gaggle of angry counter-protesters. She said Miller-Young eventually became enraged, filched the sign and waddled away.

“Before she grabbed the sign, she was mocking me and talking over me in front of the students, saying that she was twice as old as me and had three degrees, so they should listen to her and not me,” Thrin Short told Fox News via email. “Then she started the chant with the students about ‘tear down the sign.’ When that died out, she grabbed the sign.”

The cellphone video clip appears to start at roughly this point. It shows Miller-Young and two women sauntering away with a large, homemade anti-abortion billboard.

“She’s a professor and she steals signs,” says one of the Short sisters.

“Don’t you know you are stealing?” asks another unseen female—presumably the other sister.

“I may be a thief but you’re terrorists,” Miller-Young responds.

Miller-Young and the two sign-carrying women then disappear into a building. The protesting sisters briefly carry on an argument with a still-loitering abortion advocate.

The sisters then head into the building. One of them then calls campus police. The other one continues filming.

“Try and stop us,” Miller-Young turns around and taunts.

A short time later, Miller-Young attempts to block access to an elevator and, at one point, lunges toward the sisters.

Someone keeps screaming, “Don’t touch me!” It’s not clear whose voice it is, though it appears to come from Thrin Short.

Short described the chaotic scene to Fox News, charging that Miller-Young assaulted her repeatedly, causing scratches on both of her wrists.

“I explained how I had been trying to keep the elevator door open with my foot, because I thought the police would be there any second, and that’s when she pushed and grabbed me,” Short explained. “She then got off the elevator and tried to pull me away from the elevator doors so the others could get away with the sign.”

Bitter yelling ensues in the video. The thieves successfully get the elevator door to close and the clip fades to black.

University officials are staying completely mum about the alleged assault by the feminist studies professor, calling Miller-Young’s actions a personnel matter.

Kristina Garza, a spokeswoman for Survivors of the Abortion Holocaust, noted the high irony of the incident.

“The professor is a feminist studies professor and her specialty is pornography, and she did commit an act of violence against another woman. So, the irony there to us is rather great,” Garza told Fox News.

“If she isn’t prosecuted, wouldn’t anyone else think they could do the same thing and get away with it?” Thrin Short added. “The assault on me was part of the whole package of her deciding that she was above the law and could do whatever she liked to us.”

WATCH:

Follow Eric on Twitter and on Facebook, and send education-related story tips to erico@dailycaller.com.