And now for the dumbest part of our week…
Healthcare jounro grills a peach (no joke)
5. “Folks: Tonight I grilled a peach for the first time, and I cannot recommend this highly enough.” — National Journal‘s Sam Baker, a brand newbie to this list.
Worst poem ever
4. “1 2 3 4 I declare a thumb war 5 6 7 8 try to keep your thumb straight 9 10 11 12 Help me. I need my meds but Obamacare doesn’t cover mental.” — Mother Jones‘ Ben Dreyfuss, son of you-know-who (Pssst…Richard).
There actually are dumb questions
3. “Is anybody gonna go on Twitter tomorrow?” — CapitalNY associate media editor Jeremy Barr on Thursday.
A TIE: Good one Wesley! Why aren’t you at the Ferguson McDonald’s? and What’s Justin Green having for lunch?
2. “Who gave President Obama that old church suit from my dad’s closet?” — WaPo‘s Wesley Lowery, the 24-year-old who likes to tell off MSNBC Joe Scarborough for not being in Ferguson. Come on Wesley, you can do better than this.
2. “A debate that’s raging across the nation: what should I eat for lunch?” — Washington Examiner‘s Justin Green.
Journo eats caramelized cauliflower
1. “They served some incredible toro, and we had this amazing caramelized cauliflower.” — Slate‘s Jamelle Bouie. The restaurant, by the way, is Rose’s Luxury.