In the days and weeks after the terrorist attacks of 9/11, as the American people came together through grief and anger, many politicians, musicians, and businessmen made touching tributes to those who lost their lives that tragic day.
Here are some of the most emotional moments after 9/11.
1. When George W. Bush threw out the first pitch at the opening ceremony of the 2001 World Series
2. U2’s powerful tribute to 9/11 at the 2002 Super Bowl halftime show
3. When George W. Bush stood atop Ground Zero with his arm around firefighter Bob Beckwith, while the rubble was still smoldering
4. The Budweiser Clydesdale commercial that aired during the 2002 Super Bowl
5. “I Am An American” commercial from the 10th anniversary