And now for the dumbest part of our week…
5. Online editor announces upcoming airplane behavior
“Scooplet: I plan on reclining my seat while flying this afternoon.” — Washington Examiner‘s Justin Green.
4. Unnecessary This Town sucking up
3. Journo enforces pumpkin embargo on herself
“Maintaining my strict personal embargo on all things pumpkin-flavored until October 1. Some boundaries need to exist.” — CNN money reporter Karin Caifa. (This would never fly for Mediaite‘s Eddie Scarry, who’s all about the pumpkin spice these days.
2. Incessant Politico tweeter uses the Black Eyed Peas to describe Al Qaeda leader
“Zawahiri got disrupted by ISIS. He’s so 2000 and late” — Politico‘s Blake Hounshell, linking to a NYT story, quoting “Boom Boom Pow.”
1. Editor teaches people how to make peanut butter ice cream, uses kosher salt on Rosh Hoshana
“2 cups of peanut butter in a blender. …2 cups of sugar on top of the peanut butter. …5 1/3 cups of half and half into the blender with two pinches of kosher salt. …A 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla to the mix. Now blend it all up till smooth.” …”Pour into the ice cream maker and you’ll have 2 quarts of homemade peanut butter ice cream.” — RedState‘s Erick Erickson late night on Sept. 24.