Are Mark Udall’s Eyebrows Too Wild? ‘Edit Wars’ Erupt On Senators’ Wikipedia Pages
Wikipedia is a big joke — until it well, isn’t.
In what is being called “edit wars,” Vocativ, a site that dives into the Deep Web of journalism and technology, reports that midterm senators’ Wikipedia pages have been under fire for months from “editors” vying to trash them.
“The battles, as hard-fought as any real-world campaign, determine whose edits endure and whose end up in the virtual trash can,” they write. “…The changes tend to be subtle but insidious.”
Who knew this? Undo changes made to your page more than three times in 24 hours, and you’ll be placed in “Wikipedia jail.” Even if it’s justified.
Some of the funnier, quirky entries:
- “Is Kansas independent Greg Orman really a Democrat dressed in maverick drag?”
- A user added language on Oct. 28 saying Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) was born to rich parents.
- Sen. Mark Udall’s (D-Colo.) Wikipedia page has been changed 150 times in the past 60 days. (Vocativ)
- An editor wrote that Udall “is a member of the LDS Church which is also known as the ‘Mormon Cult.’”
- Udall’s party affiliation was changed to Republican.
- Udall needs to pluck his eyebrows.
- Udall believes women belong in the kitchen.
See Udall’s eyebrows below in varying states of grooming.
A little too shaggy with hairs unevenly dispersed.
Hey, they can’t always been perfect, ok? But if someone could pluck that stray on the right brow…