Ohio State’s victory in Monday’s College Football National Championship was a total, team-effort.
Still, the win was heavily sponsored by running back Ezekiel Elliott’s amazing, record-setting performance.
The sophomore set National Championship records for rushing yards and touchdowns en route to being named the game’s Offensive MVP, but this wasn’t a one-game surprise; Zeke’s number over the Buckeyes’ last 3 games of the season are astounding.
In fact, No. 15 was so amazing that words can’t do him justice. Cue the GIFs.
1) Elliott totaled 246 yards and four touchdowns on 36 carries. ‘Nuff said.
2) Zeke had eight carries in excess of 10 yards and three carries exceeding 20. Eat ’em up.
3) No. 15 had 0 carries for negative yardage. I repeat: OREGON DIDN’T STOP HIM BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE ONCE! This one is literally unreal.
4) Elliott set career highs in each of Ohio State’s last three games, totaling almost 700 yards on the ground in the process. Not bad at all.
5) Elliott is only the second running back in Ohio State history to rush for +200 yards, three times in a single season and the first to do so in three consecutive games.
BONUS: Here’s Zeke eating confetti during the post-game celebration.