Entertainment

Autopsy Confirms ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’ Star Died From Overdose

Kaitlan Collins White House Correspondent
Font Size:

An autopsy has confirmed that Amanda Peterson died in July after she accidentally overdosed on morphine.

The Weld County Coroner’s Office confirmed that the 43-year-old actress had taken a friend’s morphine prescription for an unknown pain.

“Although she was prescribed multiple medications for lung and heart disease, as well as Gabapentin for postsurgical pain following a recent hysterectomy, doctors could find no recent prescriptions for morphine in Peterson’s medical history,” the Greeley Tribune reports.

“The amount of morphine she ingested coupled with her heart and lung disease resulted in a fatal event,” county coroner Mark Ward said.

The star of the 1987 film “Can’t Buy Me Love” was discovered dead at her Colorado apartment after her father hadn’t heard from her for a few days. (RELATED: Can’t Buy Me Love’ Star Dies At 43)

WATCH: