After Sinead O’Connor claimed on Facebook to have taken an overdose on Sunday, she is now confirmed to be safe.
In the Facebook post the Irish singer said, “There is only so much any woman can be expected to bear. What was done to me this week was appalling cruelty. By my husband, my family, by St Pats and by An guard Siochana, by my son, Jake and by Donal Lunny and Angela singleton, by my son’s girlfriend, his friends…”
According to E! News, police were notified after O’Connor posted what appeared to be a suicide note, and confirmed the singer is “safe and sound.”
Due to depression, the singer has previously tried to take her own life. O’Connor told Oprah Winfrey in 2007 that she tried to commit suicide on her 33rd birthday. She has spoken publicly about her mental state and the issues she has struggled with in the past.
NBC Bay Area reported that O’Connor had also written messages about fights with ex-flames over two of her children.
But it was her most recent post that created alarm and chaos when she said, “The last two nights finished me off…I have taken an overdose. There is no other way to get respect. I am not at home, I’m at a hotel, somewhere in Ireland, under another name.”
Authorities received hundreds of calls to check on the 48-year-old singer, and over 2,000 fans and concerned Facebook users commented on the post. Police were able to locate the star and informed BreakingNews.ie that O’Connor is safe and receiving medical treatment.