Three members of the security team who responded to the attack on the Benghazi annex on Sept. 11, 2012 say that they believe the families of the four Americans killed that day when they say that then-Sec. of State Hillary Clinton blamed an anti-Muslim video for the attacks during private conversations.
Clinton has denied claims made by the relatives of State Department information officer Sean Smith, and CIA operatives Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods that Clinton blamed the film, “Innocence of Muslims,” during a Sept. 14, 2012 memorial service for the victims.
Clinton’s response to the Benghazi attacks — as well as her Libya policies ahead of the onslaught — figures to be a major political roadblock for the Democrat’s presidential campaign. Those policies will receive renewed attention later this month, with the release of Michael Bay’s “13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.”
“Who would have a reason to lie? Why?” one of the security operators, Mark “Oz” Geist, told Fox News’ Megyn Kelly during an interview on Monday. “They have no reason to tell anything but the truth,” he said of the families.
Geist was joined in the interview by Kris “Tanto” Paronto and John “Tig” Tiegen. The trio helped write the book “13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi,” which was adapted into the Bay-directed movie.
Pat Smith, the mother of Sean Smith, a State Department information officer killed in Benghazi, has steadfastly maintained that Clinton blamed the video during their private conversation at the memorial service.
“She lied. She absolutely lied,” Smith said during a recent interview.
Tyrone Woods’ father, Charles Woods, had a similar recollection, and even took notes following his conversation with Clinton.
“We are going to have the filmmaker arrested who was responsible for the death of your son,” Woods recalled during an interview with The Weekly Standard in October.
“I remember those words: ‘who was responsible for the death of your son.’ She was blaming him and blaming the movie,” Woods added.
Kate Quigley, the sister of Glen Doherty, has also criticized Clinton.
“She knows that she knew what happened that day and she wasn’t truthful,” Quigley said in an interview last month.
“I know Pat Smith, I know Katie Quigley, Glenn’s sister. We know Ty’s mom. We know what they told us was said and I know them very well,” Paronto told Fox’s Kelly.
“I know that they were told it was a video, because that’s what they told me and I believe Pat and Katie. I believe Charles Woods,” he added.
But Clinton has maintained that she is telling the truth.
“Not me, that’s all I can tell you,” Clinton said when asked during an interview with The Conway (N.H.) Daily Sun last week who is lying about the conversations — her or the families. (RELATED: Hillary Goes On The Offensive Against Benghazi Victims’ Families)
The victims’ relatives have grown even angrier with Clinton as her State Department emails have been released showing that she admitted in private conversations in the days after the attack that she knew it was planned and carried out by terrorist affiliates.
As the attacks were still taking place, Clinton sent an email to her daughter, Chelsea, stating that the attacks were carried out by “an Al Queda-like [sic] group.”
And the day after the attack, Clinton told Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil during a phone conversation that “we know the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest.”