Officials at a grade school in a fancypants suburb of Boston prohibited three 11-year-old students from dancing in a talent show in Donald Trump Fathead masks last week.
The Fathead fracas played out on Wednesday at Joseph E. Fiske Elementary School in Wellesley, Mass. — “a quintessential New England town with an abundance of million dollar homes.”
The trio of fifth-graders had planned to wear the $29.99, officially-licensed “Donald Trump Big Head” masks bearing Trump’s likeness for a spirited, two-minute dance number, reports The Boston Globe.
The talent show was scheduled twice. The first one, Wednesday morning, was for students and staff. A second one on Wednesday evening would reprise the pageant for parents.
“The Bobblehead Boys” — as the fifth graders call themselves — chose to cut their rug to a dance remix of “Axel F,” the theme song to the 1984 film “Beverly Hills Cop.”
The morning performance was gleefully received by students in the audience.
However, at least one unidentified audience member later complained.
A couple hours before the evening version of the talent show, the boys learned that their impressively choreographed act had been banned.
The boys’ parents were not happy.
“No words were spoken,” Maryellen Maggiacomo, the mother of twin Bobblehead Boys Marc and David, told the Globe. “It’s just pop culture. The skit took no stance in support or defamation.”
Laurie Mattaliano, the mother of Bobblehead Boy Christian, noted that her son was perplexed by the Trump dance ban.
“They assume they did something wrong,” Mattaliano told the Globe.
Another talent show act featuring a dancing competition between Trump and Florida Sen. [crscore]Marco Rubio[/crscore] also got axed.
The mother of one of the kids involved in the verboten Trump-and-Rubio dance-off said she believed the complaint was lodged by an offended parent who is a Republican.
That mother, Christine Norcross, explained that her son intended no offense.
“I’m so happy that he even knows who’s running for president,” Norcross told the Globe.
Wellesley school district superintendent David Lussier defended the censorship.
“We wanted to make sure that nothing we are doing would be perceived as biased in some way,” Lussier told the Boston newspaper. “You’re not seeing Democratic candidates certainly.”