Prince was reportedly found with prescription pain killers in his home where he died.
On Wednesday, NBC News reported that “officials say prescription painkillers were found in his possession when he died and in his house near Minnesota, though officials have yet to say what role, if any, those medications may have played in his death.”
“The investigating county sheriff is seeking help from the Drug Enforcement Administration to determine where the medications came from and what prescriptions Prince had obtained, federal law enforcement officials told NBC News,”according to the Hollywood Reporter.
As previously reported, sources say the legendary pop singer had used the prescription painkiller Percocet in the past to deal with on-going pain stemming from performing on stage in heels for more than two decades.
An autopsy has been performed but the cause of death has yet to be announced. According to reports, it could take several weeks till the toxicology report is complete.