Entertainment

Search Warrant Sealed In Prince Death Investigation

(Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

Katie Jerkovich Entertainment Reporter

A judge has approved the sealing of the search warrant in the investigation surrounding Prince’s death.

On Thursday, Carver county sheriff’s office requested and received approval to seal the search warrant of Paisely Park and any other documents involved in the investigation into the legendary singers death last week, according to news reports.

Chief deputy Jason Kamerud said, “due to Prince’s status of having been an iconic popular music superstar, there is and will be continued intense media scrutiny upon the manner and circumstances of Prince’s death.”

Therefore, the judge approved the request and said all the documents would be “kept securely under lock and seal” until the start of any possible criminal proceedings or 180 days after the filing, whichever comes first.

As previously reported, multiple sources say Prince had a “debilitating dependence” on Percocet by the time he had corrective surgery in 2010.

Six days before the singer died his plane made an emergency landing in Illinois. He was transported to the hospital and released three hours later. Friends claimed he was suffering from the flu, but sources tell TMZ he had overdosed on Percocet and had to be carried off the plane by his body guard.

Prince was found dead in his Paisely Park home last Thursday. A report says the iconic pop singer was found with prescription pain killers in his possession when he died and in his home.