Actress Stana Katic let her fans know that she appreciates all their support and everything they’ve done for her the last eight seasons, after her show “Castle” was cancelled.
On Friday morning, Katic took to her Twitter account to send a message to her Castle fans. She posted a handwritten note that read, “Dear Castle fans, cast and crew, has carried us for these unforgettable 8 seasons.”
“I’m lucky to have met and worked with and for the lot of you,” she wrote. “I will always be grateful. Big Hug. Stana.”
Love, S pic.twitter.com/oZUENEj2XQ
— Stana Katic (@Stana_Katic) May 13, 2016
The ABC show was just one in a series of 12 shows that fans found out, Friday morning, got the ax. (RELATED:Every TV Show You Love Got Canceled Last Night)
A report by Entertainment Tonight said earlier that Katic’s character was being cut from the show. Fans and crew were upset at the news. Her co-star, Nathan Fillion, was said to be coming back for the ninth season and let fans know how he felt about her leaving.
“Castle has been one of the greatest joys of my creative life, and I hope the show continues on for years to come,” he said. “Stana has been my partner all this time, and I thank her for creating the character of Beckett who will live on for all of us as one of the greatest police officers on television. I wish her well, and have no doubt she will succeed in everything she pursues.”