The Arkansas woman who says Bill Clinton raped her in a Little Rock hotel room in 1978 is calling on The New York Times to devote the same amount of time to investigating sexual assault claims against the former president as it has allegations of Donald Trump’s mistreatment of women.
Juanita Broaddrick, a former nursing executive, issued the suggestion in a Twitter post on Wednesday and also told The Daily Caller that The Times has not contacted her about her story.
Broaddrick was responding to a recent report in The Times entitled “Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump Behaved With Women In Private.”
The piece quoted numerous women Trump has dated, worked with or interacted with over the years and portrays the GOP front-runner as misogynistic, sexist and crude. A pro-Hillary Clinton super PAC released an ad following the publication of the article attacking Trump for past remarks he’s made about women.
Rowanne Brewer Lane, an ex-girlfriend of the billionaire’s who was featured in the lede of the story, disputed the report after its publication. She said she was quoted out of context and told by Times reporters Michael Barbaro and Megan Twohey that the piece was not a hit job.
Others spoke out against the story, including Trump’s daughter, Ivanka. So did Broaddrick.
A Trump supporter herself, the 73-year-old re-emerged on the national scene earlier this year after years of silence.
In a widely-shared tweet from Jan. 6, Broaddrick referred to being raped by Bill Clinton. She also claimed that Hillary Clinton tried to “silence” her afterwards.
She has said that several weeks after Bill Clinton allegedly raped her she had an encounter with the future first lady at a political function. There, Broaddrick said that Clinton grabbed her hand and made comments suggesting that she knew about the hotel room incident. But instead of offering solace, Broaddrick says Clinton issued what she perceived as a veiled threat for her to remain silent.
Reached by The Daily Caller, Broaddrick says that The Times has not contacted her for an article about her allegations against Clinton.
She says that the paper may have contacted her in the 1990s, when she shared her story for the first time publicly.
“They have not contacted me at all in the last few years that I am aware,” she said.