Seagull Falls Into Vat Of Indian Food, Likely To Smell For Rest Of Its Life

(L) Shutterstock/Umpaporn, (R) Shutterstock/Nick_Nick

Daily Caller News Foundation logo
Eric Lieberman Managing Editor
Font Size:

A seagull got completely doused with an ethnic sauce after entering a vat of tandoori curry last week in South Wales.

After the seagull curried himself, the bird’s ivory white pelt was stained a bold dark-yellow because of one of curry’s main ingredients: turmeric. The creature may have an affinity for spicy food, since the majority of tandoori recipes include dry spices like cayenne pepper.

But there is no evidence if the feathered animal was attempting to prematurely marinate itself or if it was merely a fowl foul.

“He must have had a shock when he fell in the curry,” Sian Burton, The Royal Society for the Prevention Of Cruelty to Animals animal welfare officer said according to the New York Post.

The bird was pulled from the piquant concoction by an RSPCA specialist.

“He’s uninjured and just needed a good clean. I expect he will be put off from curry after this,” Burton professed.

But there is no evidence that the seagull wanted to be removed from the pool of zestfulness or if it wanted any curry residue to be scrubbed off of its body.

And who needs Yelp? The seagull may have gotten the idea from a fellow flying friend after another seagull fell into a vat of chicken tikka masala in another part of Wales only two months ago.

The seagull could not be reached for comment.

Follow Eric on Twitter

Send tips to

All content created by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent and nonpartisan newswire service, is available without charge to any legitimate news publisher that can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter’s byline and their DCNF affiliation. For any questions about our guidelines or partnering with us, please contact

Tags : wales
Eric Lieberman