No doctor prescribed Prince the powerful painkiller Fentanyl, a new report claims, making it unlikely that anyone will be charged in his death.
After the 57-year-old singer was found dead in an elevator at his Minnesota home in April, a law enforcement official confirmed that he died of an accidental fentanyl overdose. Then, on Sunday, the Associated Press reported that some of the pills taken from his home were counterfeit drugs that actually contained fentanyl, “a synthetic opioid 50 times more powerful than heroin.” (RELATED: Prince’s Lawyer: He Was Clean)
Prince did not have a prescription for the pills and authorities are investigating how Prince obtained the drugs. (RELATED: ‘Nightly News’ Yanks Tamron Hall Because Of Her Relationship With Prince)