Everybody’s raving about Alec Baldwin’s impersonation of Donald Trump on SNL this weekend. He “nailed it,” and it was “spot-on” and “perfect.” Which makes sense, considering Baldwin has spent a lifetime preparing for this role. Did you know that he has his own long history of saying stupid, boorish, bigoted things?
Take a look at the following quotes, and see if you can guess who said it: the angry, sexist, homophobic bigot who has scandalized the world with his seething rage, or Donald Trump?
WARNING: Adult language and childish tantrum-throwing
- “I’m gonna find you, George Stark, you toxic little queen, and I’m gonna fuck… you… up.”
- “I don’t give a damn that you’re 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you’re a child… You are a rude, thoughtless little pig.”
- “Cocksucking fag!”
- “I wanna press charges against the blonde. See that blonde woman? I wanna press charges against her!”
- “Shut up. Leave my neighbor alone. Did you hear what I said? Did you hear what I said? You little girl.”
- “You’re on your knees in that photo. What’s up with that, Garrett?”
- “Rich Ferraro from @glaad informs me that c’sucker is an anti-gay epithet. In which case I apologize and will retire it from my vocabulary.”
- “Flight attendant on American reamed me out 4 playing WORDS W FRIENDS while we sat at the gate, not moving. #nowonderamericaairisbankrupt”
- “Most of the flight attendants I have ever encountered still have some remnant of the old idea of service… But there are many now who walk the aisles of an airplane with a whistle around their neck and a clipboard in their hands.”
- “I want you to choke to death.”
(1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 were said by Alec Baldwin. 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 were also said by Alec Baldwin.)