This Actor Who Spoke At RNC Just Declared Plans To Run For Congress

Katie Jerkovich | Entertainment Reporter

Actor Antonio Sabato Jr filed papers Monday with the Federal Election Commission declaring his plans to run for Congress.

GOP strategist Charles Moran confirmed to the Los Angeles Times, that the 45-year-old actor and model, who spoke last year at the Republican National Convention on behalf of President Donald Trump, will challenge Democrat Rep. Julia Brownley for the 26th Congressional District in California. (RELATED: Antonio Sabàto Jr. Had A SEETHING Response To Hillary’s FBI Verdict)

WATCH:

At the RNC, Sabato said that the country “needs Donald Trump to make us great again.”

In an interview with Variety last year, the actor talked about how he had been bullied both professionally and personally after he spoke at the RNC.

“I think this country allows you freedom of speech,” Sabato said. “Anybody should be allowed to say whatever they want. When you’re in my business, you can’t talk about [conservative] politics.”

“You just can’t,” he added. “You’re attacked viciously in a way that I’ve never been attacked before. I’ve had fantastic directors who have said officially to my agents and managers they will never hire me again.”

Sabato has yet to make a public comment about the filing, but he tweeted a message on Monday that said more was to come.

“Whatever you decide to do in life , Do It with passion & conviction 2 be continued …,” the actor tweeted.

 

Tags : congress donald trump rnc
© Copyright 2010 - 2018 | The Daily Caller