Michigan Man Earns Firework Fail Of The 4th For This Idiotic Move


Font Size:

A man by the name of Mike Tingley burned down his entire garage after trying to use fireworks to get rid of a bees’ nest over the long holiday weekend in Grand Blanc Township, Michigan.

“The homeowner was doing something with a smoke bomb trying to get a bees nest out of the garage,” Grand Blanc Fire Chief, Bob Burdette told reporters after the incident.

Tingley’s smoke bomb technique quickly escalated out of his control setting off a fireworks show a day ahead of schedule on July 3. Luckily Tingley, his wife and his daughter weren’t harmed in the accident at their home.

Although they didn’t have any big plans for the Fourth, the unfortunate accident did put a damper on the holiday for the Tingley family.

“We really weren’t going to celebrate the Fourth of July so much as we just have fun in our backyard,” Tingley told MLive after the accident. “We like to have barbecues, we had a patio back there,” he continued. “It is depressing losing a place where we had a lot of fun, but everyone is safe and that’s the main thing.”

Why he chose to use fireworks to get rid of a bees’ nest we will never know, but sometimes the only way to learn is the hard way.